“One of the new trailblazers …”
- John Schroeter, Founder of Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine
With so many guitarists trying to make their mark these days, it’s not easy being a “trailblazer.” Yet, that perfectly defines Tim Farrell. His fingerstyle playing and original compositions display an elegant simplicity that celebrates the purity of the acoustic guitar. Tim is a rare kind of musician, with the ability to both entertain an audience and inspire future generations of players.
In his role as performer, composer and educator, Tim:
- performs internationally at concerts, festivals, benefits, private events, corporate events, etc ... as a solo artist and with StringSongs which includes bass player extraordinaire Michael Manring and Grammy winner Pat Robinson.
- is on the juried roster of Pennsylvania Performing Arts on Tour (PennPAT), an organization that promotes opportunities for select Pennsylvania-based performers through grants, training and marketing support.
- composes music for concerts, recordings, multimedia presentations, TV and radio shows, soundtracks and interactive theater productions, including his award winning song for Best Instrumental "Rosewood Alley".
- receives airplay internationally on broadcast radio, internet radio and satellite radio, including popular syndicated programs such as Echoes, The World Café in the USA and LaNote Picking in Europe.
- teaches at the Community Conservatory of Music in Doylestown, PA, where he is also the Artistic Director of the Stretched Strings Concert and Workshop Series.
- conducts workshops, teaches private lessons and visits schools and organizations to further develop the knowledge, enjoyment and appreciation of music.
"It wasn't like I was watching two musicians, it was like I was watching two magicians"
- Audience member at the Tim Farrell and Peter Janson Concert, Blackstone River Theater, Cumberland, RI
|This site was funded in part by a generous grant from : Pennsylvania Performing Artists on Tour|